Facebook to replace Infosys on Nasdaq-100 index today
With this, Facebook will mark its entry in the index of the largest non-financial companies listed on the exchange.
New York: Social networking giant Facebook Inc will replace Indian software major Infosys Ltd to become a part of the Nasdaq-100 index from Wednesday.
Facebook will replace Infosys Ltd on the index. The Facebook stock has lost a significant value since its much hyped public listing in May 2012.
Facebook Inc, headquartered in Menlo Park, California, currently has a market capitalisation of around $ 29.7 billion (Rs 1,62,000 crore). However, when the company went public, its market value was about $104 billion.
Meanwhile, Bangalore headquartered Infosys Ltd has a market capitalisation of Rs 1,37,327 crore.
The social networking firm, which was founded eight years ago by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students, at present has around one billion users across the world.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless