Fiat Chrysler Recalls Vehicles For Fuel Leak, Wiper Problems
For representation purpos. (Photo Altered by News18.com)
Fiat Chrysler is recalling nearly 89,000 cars and SUVs to fix possible fuel leaks or problems with windshield wipers.
The most serious recall covers nearly 35,000 Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs worldwide from the 2016 model year. All have 3.6-liter V6 engines. A fuel tube may have been damaged in manufacturing, and that could cause a gas leak and fire.
Fiat Chrysler says an employee found a leak in one vehicle and no fires have been reported. Dealers will replace fuel injector rails and lower intake manifolds if needed. The company estimates that only 30 vehicles may have leaks, but the recall is needed to find them.
Owners will be notified by mail starting Dec. 19. In the meantime, Fiat Chrysler says owners should be alert for fuel leaks and contact dealers if they spot one.
The other recall covers more than 54,000 Dodge Dart compacts from the 2016 model year in North America. Electrical voltage spikes caused by a windshield washer pump can cause short circuits. That can cause the wipers to fail. That recall also is expected to begin on December 19.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands