Finmeccanica undergoes organisational changes
A strengthened surveillance group will now monitor how business is conducted.
New Delhi: The Board of Italian defence giant Finmeccanica has carried out major organisational changes in the wake of the AgustaWestland scandal and the arrest of its Chief Executive Officer Giuseppe Orsi. All aerospace and defence businesses are being restructured and internal audit activities are being centralised.
A strengthened surveillance group will now monitor how business is conducted. AgustaWestland is close to losing a Rs 3600 crore contract with India for VVIP helicopters on suspicions it paid bribes to win the deal.
However, in its reply to the show cause notice served by the Indian government, the company denied any involvement in any kind of malpractice related to the deal. It said it had fully complied with the rules that regulated the multi-crore helicopter deal.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"