DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Finance Ministry Ratifies 8.65 Percent on EPF: Labour Minister
File photo of Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya.
New Delhi: Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya on Thursday said that the Finance Ministry has approved 8.65 per cent interest rate on EPF for 2016-17.
The ratification of the 8.65 per cent on EPF will enable the retirement fund body EPFO to credit this rate of return into the accounts of four crore subscribers.
"Finance Ministry has agreed to 8.65 per cent rate of interest. Now, the communication will come.
The formal discussions are over," the minister said.
He further added, "We will immediately issue the notification and credit the rate of interest to over four crore subscribers."
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation trustees had approved 8.65 per cent rate on EPF in December last year.
The Finance Ministry has been nudging the Labour Ministry to lower the EPF rate for aligning it with the rates of small savings schemes like PPF.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi