FIPB to Take up 15 Foreign Investment Proposals on Sep 26
File photo of Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das.
New Delhi: FIPB will decide on 15 foreign investment proposals, including that of Idea Cellular Infrastructure Services and Sharekhan, on September 26.
The 240th meeting of the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) to be chaired by Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das will have 15 items on the agenda.
These include investment applications of Limpkin Telecom, Perrigo API India, Flag Telecom Singapore, IBM India, BT Global Communication (Mauritius), Morgan Stanley India Primary Dealer, and BNP Paribas Asset Management India.
India allows FDI in most sectors through the automatic route, but in certain segments considered sensitive for the economy and security, the proposals have to be first cleared by the FIPB.
The government has taken slew of measures in the recent past to boost foreign direct investment into the country.
On June 20, the government had "radically liberalised" the FDI regime with the objective of providing major impetus to employment generation in India.
This was the second big reform after some major changes announced in November 2015.
The government has said measures undertaken by it has resulted in increased FDI inflows at USD 55.46 billion in 2015-16, as against USD 36.04 billion in 2013-14.
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- REST IN PEACEBodies of Brazil Football Team Killed in Crash Arrive Home