Forbes rich list: The top 10 richest in India
Pharma tycoon Dilip Shanghvi is the biggest gainer making an entry in the top 5 for the first time.
New Delhi: Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani is the country's richest man with a personal fortune of $ 21 billion, according to Forbes Magazine. Mukesh Ambani beats steel giant Lakshmi Mittal and Wipro head Azim Premji to top the Forbes's list.
Lakshmi Mittal has attained the second spot with $16 billion and the third spot goes to Azim Premji. Pharma tycoon Dilip Shanghvi is the biggest gainer making an entry in the top 5 for the first time.
The top ten richest in India are:
1) Mukesh Ambani: $ 21 billion
2) Lakshmi Mittal: $ 16 billion
3) Azim Premji: $ 12.2 billion
4) Pallonji Mistry: $ 9.8 billion
5) Dilip Shanghvi: $ 9.2 billion
6) Adi Godrej: $ 9 billion
7) Savitri Jindal: $ 8.2 billion
8) Shashi & Ravi Ruia: $ 8.1 billion
9) Hinduja Brothers: $ 8 billion
10) Kumar Manglam Birla: $ 7.8 billion
(Sources: Forbes India)
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped