G20 Warns of Rising Risks to Global Economy
An attendee takes pictures before the opening ceremony of the 2016 G20 Trade Ministers Meeting in Shanghai, China. (File Photo/Reuters)
Washington: The G20 group of economic powers warned on Friday that the world economy could worsen under the pressure of rising unrest, protectionism, and frail financial systems.
"The uncertainty and the risks facing global economy have increased, as some major economies have entered into general elections, the fallout of Brexit is uncertain, the vulnerabilities of the financial system are rising, (and) the expectation of geopolitical tensions are growing," said Lou Jiwei, China's finance.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Rajinikanth to Discuss Political Plans With Amitabh Bachchan?