G20 Warns of Rising Risks to Global Economy
The G20 group of economic powers warned on Friday that the world economy could worsen under the pressure of rising unrest, protectionism, and frail financial systems.
An attendee takes pictures before the opening ceremony of the 2016 G20 Trade Ministers Meeting in Shanghai, China. (File Photo/Reuters)
Washington: The G20 group of economic powers warned on Friday that the world economy could worsen under the pressure of rising unrest, protectionism, and frail financial systems.
"The uncertainty and the risks facing global economy have increased, as some major economies have entered into general elections, the fallout of Brexit is uncertain, the vulnerabilities of the financial system are rising, (and) the expectation of geopolitical tensions are growing," said Lou Jiwei, China's finance.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- Pakistan's Mohammad Hafeez Reported for Suspect Bowling Action
- Secret Superstar Is More Than Just a Story of Dreams and Passion, Here's Why
- Diwali 2017: Here's How TV Celebs Plan to Celebrate the Festival of Lights
- Aamir Khan is the Real Owner of Twitter: KRK Hits Back After His Account Suspension