G20 Warns of Rising Risks to Global Economy
The G20 group of economic powers warned on Friday that the world economy could worsen under the pressure of rising unrest, protectionism, and frail financial systems.
An attendee takes pictures before the opening ceremony of the 2016 G20 Trade Ministers Meeting in Shanghai, China. (File Photo/Reuters)
Washington: The G20 group of economic powers warned on Friday that the world economy could worsen under the pressure of rising unrest, protectionism, and frail financial systems.
"The uncertainty and the risks facing global economy have increased, as some major economies have entered into general elections, the fallout of Brexit is uncertain, the vulnerabilities of the financial system are rising, (and) the expectation of geopolitical tensions are growing," said Lou Jiwei, China's finance.
Recommended For You
- South Korea Brings Curtain Down on 'Peace Games'
- MWC 2018: Huawei MateBook X Pro, World’s First FullView Touchscreen Notebook Launched, Alongside MediaPad M5 Tablet
- Remembering Sridevi: Famous Dialogues of The Vibrant and Versatile Actor
- Beyond Hawa Hawai: How Sridevi Continues To Inspire Films, Music and Actors
- Exclusive - 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Test Drive Review [Video]