Gold Futures Drop Rs 88 on Weak Global Cues
Amid a weakening global trend gold futures traded Rs 88 down at Rs 29,295 per 10 grams on Thursday as speculators reduced their positions.
A sales person shows a gold ring to customers at a jewellery showroom. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Amid a weakening global trend gold futures traded Rs 88 down at Rs 29,295 per 10 grams on Thursday as speculators reduced their positions.
Gold for delivery in December dropped by Rs 88 or 0.30 per cent to Rs 29,295 per 10 gram in a business turnover of 105 lots at the Multi Commodity Exchange.
In a similar fashion, the metal for delivery in far-month February next year shed Rs 42 or 0.14 per cent to Rs 29,159 per 10 gram in 5 lots.
Market analysts said the fall in gold futures was mostly in tune with a weak trend overseas as the dollar climbed to a 14-month high against basket of currencies, eroding demand for haven assets.
Meanwhile, gold prices dropped by 0.28 per cent to USD 1,225 an ounce in New York on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- These Photos Prove All Is Well Between Varun Dhawan And Rumoured Girlfriend Natasha
- Let's Take Padmaavat For What It Is- A Film, Not A Community Validation Stamp
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift - All You Need to Know - Price, Features, Mileage [Video]
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person