Gold Futures Drop Rs 88 on Weak Global Cues
A sales person shows a gold ring to customers at a jewellery showroom. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Amid a weakening global trend gold futures traded Rs 88 down at Rs 29,295 per 10 grams on Thursday as speculators reduced their positions.
Gold for delivery in December dropped by Rs 88 or 0.30 per cent to Rs 29,295 per 10 gram in a business turnover of 105 lots at the Multi Commodity Exchange.
In a similar fashion, the metal for delivery in far-month February next year shed Rs 42 or 0.14 per cent to Rs 29,159 per 10 gram in 5 lots.
Market analysts said the fall in gold futures was mostly in tune with a weak trend overseas as the dollar climbed to a 14-month high against basket of currencies, eroding demand for haven assets.
Meanwhile, gold prices dropped by 0.28 per cent to USD 1,225 an ounce in New York on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- WALKING WOUNDEDRahane Sidelined Due to Injury, Manish Pandey Included
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly