Gold Futures Drop Rs 88 on Weak Global Cues
A sales person shows a gold ring to customers at a jewellery showroom. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Amid a weakening global trend gold futures traded Rs 88 down at Rs 29,295 per 10 grams on Thursday as speculators reduced their positions.
Gold for delivery in December dropped by Rs 88 or 0.30 per cent to Rs 29,295 per 10 gram in a business turnover of 105 lots at the Multi Commodity Exchange.
In a similar fashion, the metal for delivery in far-month February next year shed Rs 42 or 0.14 per cent to Rs 29,159 per 10 gram in 5 lots.
Market analysts said the fall in gold futures was mostly in tune with a weak trend overseas as the dollar climbed to a 14-month high against basket of currencies, eroding demand for haven assets.
Meanwhile, gold prices dropped by 0.28 per cent to USD 1,225 an ounce in New York on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Receives Special Gift From MS Dhoni After Beating England
- Jackie Chan Keeps His Word, Meets Salman Khan During His Visit To India
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Rekha Sports Ripped Jeans, Breaks All Stereotypes In One Go
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More