Gold prices in India seen recovering after massive fall
Global gold hit an 11-month high in October, 2012 after the US Federal Reserve announced its third round of aggressive economic stimulus.
Mumbai: Gold futures in India, which hit the lowest level in more than 18 months on Tuesday, may stage a recovery as key technical indicators point to the yellow metal entering oversold territory, according to analysts. Gold in India, the world's biggest buyer of the metal, has shed 21 per cent from the record high of Rs 32,464 for 10 grams struck in November, spreading panic among investors and importers.
"Extremely overdone technical indications suggest a possible recovery in coming days," said Gnanasekar Thiagarajan, director, Commtrendz Research, adding that a recovery to Rs 27,450/28,000 is possible. The Relative Strength Index (RSI) for MCX gold is placed below 20. Normally, when RSI goes below 30, it tends to get oversold and a possible upward correction is seen.
The most-active gold for June delivery on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) was Rs 67 higher at Rs 25,701 per 10 grams, after falling to a low of Rs 25,270, a level last seen in late September, 2011.
Buying is advised on dips to 25,300, with a stop loss of 25,100, targeting Rs 26,000, said Thiagarajan. Global gold hit an 11-month high in October, 2012 after the US Federal Reserve announced its third round of aggressive economic stimulus, raising fears the central bank's money-printing would stoke inflation.
But the gain was erased by a rally in equities, talks that the Fed could soon end its bullion-friendly bond buying programme, and concerns other indebted euro zone countries could follow Cyprus' plan to sell bullion reserves to raise cash.
Silver for June delivery was 0.48 per cent lower at Rs 44,166 per kg. Silver may trade in the range of Rs 42,000-47,000, said Aurobinda Prasad, head of research, Karvy Comtrade.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal