Gold, Silver Prices Fall For 5th Day in Global Market
old and silver prices continued to fall for the fifth day at the bullion market on Friday on persistent offerings from stockists in view of sustained fall in the global markets.
File photo of a female customer looking at gold bangles at a jewellery shop (Reuters)
Mumbai: Gold and silver prices continued to fall for the fifth day at the bullion market on Friday on persistent offerings from stockists in view of sustained fall in the global markets.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) moved down by another Rs 175 per 10 grams to Rs 29,845 from Rs 30,020 Thursday.
Pure gold (99.9 purity) also fell by a similar margin to end at Rs 29,995 from Rs 30,170.
Silver (.999 fineness) fell by Rs 800 per kilo to close at Rs 42,385 from Rs 43,185.
In global market, gold futures slid for a fifth straight session yesterday, settling at their lowest level in about four months, as mostly upbeat economic data kept alive expectations for higher US interest rates this year.
December gold fell by USD 15.60, or 1.2 per cent, to settle at USD 1,253 an ounce.
December silver dropped by 35 cents, or 2 per cent, to USD 17.345 an ounce.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open: Injured Nadal Limps Out as Cilic Seals Semi-final Spot
- Watch: An Emotional Alia Bhatt Holds Back her Tears at Best Friend Kripa Mehta's Wedding
- All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift First Drive Review: Everything Done Right
- Sonam Kapoor's Latest Fashion Experiment Is Winning Our Hearts; See Pics
- Golden Globes Black Outfits To Be Auctioned To Support #TimesUp Movement