Gold, Silver Prices Fall For 5th Day in Global Market
File photo of a female customer looking at gold bangles at a jewellery shop (Reuters)
Mumbai: Gold and silver prices continued to fall for the fifth day at the bullion market on Friday on persistent offerings from stockists in view of sustained fall in the global markets.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) moved down by another Rs 175 per 10 grams to Rs 29,845 from Rs 30,020 Thursday.
Pure gold (99.9 purity) also fell by a similar margin to end at Rs 29,995 from Rs 30,170.
Silver (.999 fineness) fell by Rs 800 per kilo to close at Rs 42,385 from Rs 43,185.
In global market, gold futures slid for a fifth straight session yesterday, settling at their lowest level in about four months, as mostly upbeat economic data kept alive expectations for higher US interest rates this year.
December gold fell by USD 15.60, or 1.2 per cent, to settle at USD 1,253 an ounce.
December silver dropped by 35 cents, or 2 per cent, to USD 17.345 an ounce.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England