Gold, Silver Prices Fall For 5th Day in Global Market
old and silver prices continued to fall for the fifth day at the bullion market on Friday on persistent offerings from stockists in view of sustained fall in the global markets.
File photo of a female customer looking at gold bangles at a jewellery shop (Reuters)
Mumbai: Gold and silver prices continued to fall for the fifth day at the bullion market on Friday on persistent offerings from stockists in view of sustained fall in the global markets.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) moved down by another Rs 175 per 10 grams to Rs 29,845 from Rs 30,020 Thursday.
Pure gold (99.9 purity) also fell by a similar margin to end at Rs 29,995 from Rs 30,170.
Silver (.999 fineness) fell by Rs 800 per kilo to close at Rs 42,385 from Rs 43,185.
In global market, gold futures slid for a fifth straight session yesterday, settling at their lowest level in about four months, as mostly upbeat economic data kept alive expectations for higher US interest rates this year.
December gold fell by USD 15.60, or 1.2 per cent, to settle at USD 1,253 an ounce.
December silver dropped by 35 cents, or 2 per cent, to USD 17.345 an ounce.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,274.45||-48.15||-2.07|
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Equals Hashim Amla for Fastest to 50 International Tons
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Royal Enfield Interceptor and Continental GT 650 Twin Debuts at Rider Mania 2017
- Miss World 2017: Manushi Chhillar Always Calm and Composed, Reveals Ramp Walk Trainer
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown