Good sales, low base push Maruti Q3 net up by over two-fold
Net sales during the period under review stood at Rs 10,956.95 crore, up 45.57 pc from Rs 7,527.10 crore in the period a year ago.
New Delhi: Riding on good sales of new models like Ertiga and Swift DZire, and benefiting from low base effect, the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India on Friday reported an over two-fold jump in net profit at Rs 501.29 crore for the third quarter ended December, 2012. The company's net profit stood at Rs 205.62 crore during the same period last fiscal.
Net sales during the period under review stood at Rs 10,956.95 crore, up 45.57 per cent from Rs 7,527.10 crore in the period a year ago, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement.
"The growth in net profit was primarily due to higher sales and good response to new models like Ertiga and Swift DZire," it said, adding the company's continued cost reduction efforts helped to drive profit in the quarter.
Hit by low sales and labour unrest at its Manesar plant and rupee depreciation, MSI had reported a 63.6 per cent fall in net profit for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, to Rs 205.6 crore, its worst performance in previous 12 quarters.
MSI said its sales volume stood at 3,01,453 units during the third quarter this fiscal as compared to 2,39,528 units in the corresponding period of previous year, up 25.85 per cent. Cheering the smart earnings numbers, shares of MSI were trading 4.10 per cent up at Rs 1,599.50 crore apiece during afternoon on the BSE.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Live: After Ram Gopal Yadav's Frontal Attack, Mulayam Singh to Address Media