DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Govt likely to announce spending cuts today
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will chair a meeting to discuss India's five-year economic strategy.
New Delhi: The government could announce spending cuts for the 2013 fiscal year on Saturday, although the size of the cuts was not immediately clear, two government sources said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will chair a meeting of top government economists to discuss India's five-year economic strategy and look at trimming expenditure in the light of an economic slowdown.
"The government is quite serious to keep the fiscal deficit as close to budgeted target of 5.1 per cent of GDP as possible," one of the sources said.
A second source, a senior government official who did not want to be named, said the meeting would "discuss cuts for current spending".
Recommended For You
- May 24, 2004: When Hussain Walked Into the Sunset On His Own Terms
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish