Govt sees Rs 20,000 cr from next spectrum auction
The government raised less than a quarter of its Rs 40,000 crore target in November's auction.
New Delhi: The value of telecom airwaves to be put on auction in this fiscal year ending March will be worth about Rs 20,000 crore at the current reserve price, telecoms department secretary R Chandrashekhar, said on Friday. Government is betting on the revenue from phone airwaves auctions and stake sales in state-run companies to plug its widening fiscal deficit.
The government raised less than a quarter of its Rs 40,000 crore target in November's auction. The government aims to conduct the next auction during the current fiscal year.
It also plans to sell 900 megahertz band airwaves in a separate but simultaneous auction. In November's auction, the government managed to get bids for parts of the airwaves it had put on block.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology