Goyal has no account in HSBC Bank Geneva: Jet Airways
Jet Airways in its statement said that as Naresh Goyal is an NRI since 1991, he is entitled to have bank accounts outside India.
New Delhi: Rejecting allegations of stashing away unaccounted money in Swiss accounts, Jet Airways on Friday said there is no account in the name of its Chairman Naresh Goyal in HSBC Bank, Geneva though he is entitled to have bank accounts outside India as he is an NRI. "...There is no account in the name Mr Naresh Goyal in the Swiss bank as has been alleged. Besides, Mr Naresh Goyal has been an NRI since January 1991. He is entitled to have bank accounts outside India.
"The suggestion that there has been any unaccounted money stashed away in Swiss accounts is entirely false," a statement issued by Jet Airways said. The carrier said Goyal is an NRI and had received a routine enquiry letter from the Income Tax Department regarding a bank account at HSBC Geneva of M/S Tailwinds Ltd, a company based in the Isle of Man.
"The existence of the company M/S Tailwinds is fully disclosed to various departments of the government of India. All questions have been satisfactorily replied to the Income Tax Department," it said.
Recommended For You
- Big Indian Comebacks In a Home Series In Last 20 Years
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: Could be Waterproof with 8 GB RAM and 256GB Storage
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Watch: Anil, Arjun and Sonam Shake a Leg to My Name Is Lakhan at a Family Wedding
- David Warner Warns Bollywood After Watching Daughter Ivy Dance