Idea, Airtel Tank Up To 9% on Reliance Jio's Lower Tariff Offers
Image Credit: Moneycontrol
New Delhi: Shares of Idea Cellular and Bharti Airtel plunged up to 9% on Thursday after RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani announced free voice calling and cheaper data tariffs for Jio customers.
Idea Cellular tanked 9 per cent to Rs 85 -- its 52-week low on BSE.
Shares of Bharti Airtel dropped 8.99% to Rs 302.
Ambani also announced a 'free welcome offer' for Jio customers from September 5 till December 31. R Jio will offer users data services free for four months, after which it will offer 10 tariff plans starting at Rs 19 a day for occasional users, Rs 149 a month for low data users and Rs 4,999 a month for heavy data users.
At the RIL's 42th Annual General Meeting, the billionaire industrialist said Jio is targeting 100 million users in a shortest possible time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now
- Brendon McCullum Foxed by a Chewing Gum
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 2: Deals on Fitbit Charge 2, Coolpad Note 5 And More