Idea, Airtel Tank Up To 9% on Reliance Jio's Lower Tariff Offers
Image Credit: Moneycontrol
New Delhi: Shares of Idea Cellular and Bharti Airtel plunged up to 9% on Thursday after RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani announced free voice calling and cheaper data tariffs for Jio customers.
Idea Cellular tanked 9 per cent to Rs 85 -- its 52-week low on BSE.
Shares of Bharti Airtel dropped 8.99% to Rs 302.
Ambani also announced a 'free welcome offer' for Jio customers from September 5 till December 31. R Jio will offer users data services free for four months, after which it will offer 10 tariff plans starting at Rs 19 a day for occasional users, Rs 149 a month for low data users and Rs 4,999 a month for heavy data users.
At the RIL's 42th Annual General Meeting, the billionaire industrialist said Jio is targeting 100 million users in a shortest possible time.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right