DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Industrial growth slowing alarmingly, IIP Nos reflect
Industrial growth dropped to -0.4 per cent for October, reflect IIP numbers.
New Delhi: The Indian economy is in need of a boost because the new numbers on the Indian economy are now confirming a slowdown.
Drastic fall in the industrial growth which has turned negative for the first time in 15 years has sent alarm bells ringing.
The Commerce Secretary believes the trend will continue for the next month as well.
Industrial growth dropped to minus 0.4 per cent for October compared to 12.2 per cent last year.
Manufacturing output, which accounts for nearly four-fifths of the total weight of the Index of Industrial Production (IIP), fell 1.2 per cent in October while it had grewn 13.8 per cent a year ago.
Manufacturing, capital goods grew at 3.1 per cent as against 20.9 per cent a year ago, while consumer durables declined 3 per cent compared with 9 per cent a year ago.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup