DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Another low: India slumps on the industrial growth index
The IIP figures provide data of sector wise growth, year on year.
New Delhi: India's industrial production (IIP) growth dived to 1.3 per cent in August, compared to 10.9 per cent in the corresponding period last year, a setback for the government grappling with volatile capital markets and a sluggish economy.
The official data on industrial production released by the statistics and programme implementation ministry here Friday showed that industrial production logged 4.9 per cent growth during April-August this fiscal, against 10 per cent in the previous corresponding period.
The sector-wise growth rate in August sent a rather grim picture to policy-makers as mining, manufacturing, and electricity grew at 4 per cent, 1.1 per cent and 0.8 per cent respectively, whereas the growth logged last year in the same period was 14.7 per cent, 10.7 per cent and 9.2 per cent.
At the same time, July industrial growth has been provisionally revised to 7.4 per cent from 7.1 per cent.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere