India Inc mobilised Rs 791.8 cr in Feb: SEBI
The market regulator said that India Inc registered a decline of 93.5 per cent over the previous month.
Mumbai: Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on Monday said India Inc mobilised only Rs 791.8 crore in the primary market through five issues during February, 2012, registering a decline of 93.5 per cent over the previous month.
Corporates had mobilised Rs 12,126.6 crore through four issues in January.
"During February, 2012, Rs 791.8 crore was mobilised in the primary market through five issues as compared to Rs 12,126.6 crore mobilised through four issues in January, 2012, showing a decrease of 93.5 per cent over the previous month," SEBI said in its monthly bulletin on Monday.
However, it said, the cumulative amount mobilised for the financial year 2011-12 so far, stood at Rs 44,603.8 crore through 61 issues as against Rs 61,094.0 crore through 77 issues during the corresponding period in 2010-11.
SEBI further said, in February, all the issues were equity issues which came to the market after a gap of four months.
"Of the five equity issues, two issues worth Rs 672.2 crore were mobilised through initial public offer (IPO) and three issues amounting to Rs 119.6 crore were rights issues, it added.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen