India Inc mobilised Rs 791.8 cr in Feb: SEBI
The market regulator said that India Inc registered a decline of 93.5 per cent over the previous month.
Mumbai: Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on Monday said India Inc mobilised only Rs 791.8 crore in the primary market through five issues during February, 2012, registering a decline of 93.5 per cent over the previous month.
Corporates had mobilised Rs 12,126.6 crore through four issues in January.
"During February, 2012, Rs 791.8 crore was mobilised in the primary market through five issues as compared to Rs 12,126.6 crore mobilised through four issues in January, 2012, showing a decrease of 93.5 per cent over the previous month," SEBI said in its monthly bulletin on Monday.
However, it said, the cumulative amount mobilised for the financial year 2011-12 so far, stood at Rs 44,603.8 crore through 61 issues as against Rs 61,094.0 crore through 77 issues during the corresponding period in 2010-11.
SEBI further said, in February, all the issues were equity issues which came to the market after a gap of four months.
"Of the five equity issues, two issues worth Rs 672.2 crore were mobilised through initial public offer (IPO) and three issues amounting to Rs 119.6 crore were rights issues, it added.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18