Indigo plane veers off runway, DGCA to get report today
The airline said that plane went off the runway due to a sudden gust of wind.
Mumbai: The preliminary report on Saturday's incident at the Mumbai airport involving IndiGo aircraft is expected to be submitted today, sources said. As many as 140 passengers on board IndiGo flight 6E433 from Chandigarh to Mumbai had a narrow escape on Saturday after the aircraft veered off the runway, damaging some runway lights, after landing at the city's airport.
"Our investigations into the incident are on and the preliminary report is expected to be submitted to the DGCA today," sources at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation said here.
The pilot of the aircraft was today called in for questioning, they said. The airport's main runway had to be closed for almost two hours to clear the area and repair the lights. Most arriving and departing flights were consequently delayed by 30 to 40 minutes.
The airline said that plane went off the runway due to a sudden gust of wind. "Indigo flight 6E433 from Chandigarh to Mumbai while landing on runway at Mumbai experienced sudden gust of wind and is suspected to have damaged some runway lights," IndiGo said in a statement
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti