DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Industrial production data revision baffling: FM
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said that he has asked the authorities concerned to look into the issue.
New Delhi: Terming the sharp revision in the industrial production data as "totally baffling", Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Friday said he has asked the authorities concerned to look into the issue.
"I can understand if there is error in calculating 0.1 per cent of 0.2 per cent, but from 6.8 per cent to 1.1 per cent, it is totally baffling," Mukherjee told reporters here, commenting on the sharp revision of the IIP growth rate for January from 6.8 per cent to 1.1 per cent.
He further said, "We shall have to ensure that government data, their integrity should not be challenged... I have asked concerned authorities to look into it that why it has taken place and they should be much more careful in the future".
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia