Industrial production data revision baffling: FM
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said that he has asked the authorities concerned to look into the issue.
New Delhi: Terming the sharp revision in the industrial production data as "totally baffling", Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Friday said he has asked the authorities concerned to look into the issue.
"I can understand if there is error in calculating 0.1 per cent of 0.2 per cent, but from 6.8 per cent to 1.1 per cent, it is totally baffling," Mukherjee told reporters here, commenting on the sharp revision of the IIP growth rate for January from 6.8 per cent to 1.1 per cent.
He further said, "We shall have to ensure that government data, their integrity should not be challenged... I have asked concerned authorities to look into it that why it has taken place and they should be much more careful in the future".
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands