Industrial production data revision baffling: FM
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said that he has asked the authorities concerned to look into the issue.
New Delhi: Terming the sharp revision in the industrial production data as "totally baffling", Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Friday said he has asked the authorities concerned to look into the issue.
"I can understand if there is error in calculating 0.1 per cent of 0.2 per cent, but from 6.8 per cent to 1.1 per cent, it is totally baffling," Mukherjee told reporters here, commenting on the sharp revision of the IIP growth rate for January from 6.8 per cent to 1.1 per cent.
He further said, "We shall have to ensure that government data, their integrity should not be challenged... I have asked concerned authorities to look into it that why it has taken place and they should be much more careful in the future".
- SP Leader Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi