DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Infosys dips 9 per cent on poor Q1 results
Its revenues rose 8.63 per cent to Rs 9,616 crore from Rs 8,852 crore quarter-on-quarter.
Mumbai: Infosys' consolidated net profit fell 1.16 per cent quarter-on-quarter to Rs 2,289 crore in the quarter ended June 2012. In the previous quarter company had reported net profit of Rs 2,316 crore.
Net profit was lower than analysts' expectations of Rs 2,448 crore during the same quarter.
Its revenues rose 8.63 per cent to Rs 9,616 crore from Rs 8,852 crore quarter-on-quarter. Analysts on average had expected at Rs 9,665 crore.
At 09:16 hrs the share was quoting at Rs 2,248, down Rs 218.35, or 8.85 per cent. The share touched an intraday high of Rs 2,270 and an intraday low of Rs 2,216.05.
It was trading with volumes of 65,266 shares. In the previous trading session, the share closed up 0.29 per cent or Rs 7.25 at Rs 2,466.35.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi