Infosys dips 9 per cent on poor Q1 results
Its revenues rose 8.63 per cent to Rs 9,616 crore from Rs 8,852 crore quarter-on-quarter.
Mumbai: Infosys' consolidated net profit fell 1.16 per cent quarter-on-quarter to Rs 2,289 crore in the quarter ended June 2012. In the previous quarter company had reported net profit of Rs 2,316 crore.
Net profit was lower than analysts' expectations of Rs 2,448 crore during the same quarter.
Its revenues rose 8.63 per cent to Rs 9,616 crore from Rs 8,852 crore quarter-on-quarter. Analysts on average had expected at Rs 9,665 crore.
At 09:16 hrs the share was quoting at Rs 2,248, down Rs 218.35, or 8.85 per cent. The share touched an intraday high of Rs 2,270 and an intraday low of Rs 2,216.05.
It was trading with volumes of 65,266 shares. In the previous trading session, the share closed up 0.29 per cent or Rs 7.25 at Rs 2,466.35.
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio to Discuss Climate Change at White House Event
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Lauds India's Decision to Ratify Paris Pact on Climate Change
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump Sniffles Had the Internet Choking
- Hillary Clinton Wins First Presidential Debate: CNN-ORC Poll