Infosys expands operations in Kerala capital
Infosys' second campus at Technopark Campus II (SEZ) is spread over 50 acres.
Thiruvananthapuram: Infosys Technologies announced the inauguration of its first Software Development Block (I) at its Technopark Campus II (SEZ) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Infosys' second campus at Technopark Campus II (SEZ) is spread over 50 acres and will be developed over a period of five years in a phased manner. The Software Development Block (I) inaugurated at the Technopark Campus II (SEZ), has the capacity to seat 1,600 employees and has seen an investment of Rs 180 crore till date.
A 1,800 seater Software Development Block (II) is also currently under construction at this campus.
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Kris Gopalakrishnan said, "The state government has invested and worked towards enhancing infrastructure facilities at Thiruvananthapuram to make it a premier IT destination globally."
Infosys started its operations in Thiruvananthapuram in January 2004, housed in the Bhavani and Thejaswini building of Technopark (STP), Thiruvananthapuram. The campus at Technopark (STP) seats over 1,500 employees.
Together both Infosys' campuses exported business worth Rs 427.79 crore and contributed 18 per cent to Kerala's exports in the financial year 2009-2010.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines