Infosys to fire up to 5,000 workers: Reports
The report came as co-chairman Gopalakrishnan was quoted as saying 2013 will be better than 2012 for India's IT industry.
Mumbai: Infosys is planning to lay off up to 5,000 employees as the software services provider looks to cut costs and boost sales, The Economic Times reported on Friday. The report came as Infosys Ltd executive co-chairman S Gopalakrishnan was quoted by other media reports as saying 2013 will be better than 2012 for India's IT industry.
Gopalakrishnan was quoted as saying brighter prospects for the United States and China would help the IT sector, as he addressed an event for the Infosys Science Foundation on Thursday.
Infosys was not immediately available to comment on the reports. Infosys shares were up 0.5 per cent, in line with the 0.6 per cent gain in the IT sub-index.
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Watch the five claims of Sharif at the 71st session of UNGA
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Trump Lauds Hindu Community's 'Fantastic' Contributions to US