Infosys to fire up to 5,000 workers: Reports
The report came as co-chairman Gopalakrishnan was quoted as saying 2013 will be better than 2012 for India's IT industry.
Mumbai: Infosys is planning to lay off up to 5,000 employees as the software services provider looks to cut costs and boost sales, The Economic Times reported on Friday. The report came as Infosys Ltd executive co-chairman S Gopalakrishnan was quoted by other media reports as saying 2013 will be better than 2012 for India's IT industry.
Gopalakrishnan was quoted as saying brighter prospects for the United States and China would help the IT sector, as he addressed an event for the Infosys Science Foundation on Thursday.
Infosys was not immediately available to comment on the reports. Infosys shares were up 0.5 per cent, in line with the 0.6 per cent gain in the IT sub-index.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology