DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Infosys to fire up to 5,000 workers: Reports
The report came as co-chairman Gopalakrishnan was quoted as saying 2013 will be better than 2012 for India's IT industry.
Mumbai: Infosys is planning to lay off up to 5,000 employees as the software services provider looks to cut costs and boost sales, The Economic Times reported on Friday. The report came as Infosys Ltd executive co-chairman S Gopalakrishnan was quoted by other media reports as saying 2013 will be better than 2012 for India's IT industry.
Gopalakrishnan was quoted as saying brighter prospects for the United States and China would help the IT sector, as he addressed an event for the Infosys Science Foundation on Thursday.
Infosys was not immediately available to comment on the reports. Infosys shares were up 0.5 per cent, in line with the 0.6 per cent gain in the IT sub-index.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup