Infosys to search for Murthy's successor: report
The normal time for discussing such replacements is around two quarters ahead of the departure of the person.
Mumbai: Infosys Technologies, India's second ranked software exporter, will commence the task of finding a replacement for its chairman and chief mentor NR Narayana Murthy from January next year, a national financial newspaper reported on Monday citing three sources.
Infosys' nominations committee, including ICICI Bank's non-executive chairman KV Kamath and Cornell University professor Jeffrey Sean Lehman, has already begun discussions on the process, the paper reported.
"It has to start at the right time. The normal time for discussing such replacements is around two quarters ahead of the departure of the person, which is what the plan is," the report said quoting a person close to the process.
The software firm has also begun internal discussions on the size and composition of the board to face new challenges, the report said, adding an Infosys spokeswoman declined to comment.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?