Jet Airways confirms in stake sale talks with Etihad
Various structures are being explored by the legal and commercial teams, Jet said in a statement to BSE.
New Delhi: Jet Airways confirmed on Thursday that it was in talks with Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways for a potential stake sale in the Indian carrier, although terms have not been finalised yet. "Various structures are being explored by the legal and commercial teams and care being taken to ensure that all the Indian regulatory requirements are fully complied with," Jet said in a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
On Wednesday, an Indian government source said Jet was the front-runner for an investment by Etihad, adding the Gulf carrier could pay up to $330 million for a 24 percent stake in the Indian company.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her