Jet shares at 52-week high on stake sale reports
Following the market buzz, the stock opened the day on a bullish note and further jumped 6.13 per cent to Rs 590 on the BSE.
Mumbai: Shares of Jet Airways on Tuesday surged seven per cent to touch its one-year high level in morning trade amid reports of a possible deal between the airline and United Arab Emirates' Etihad Airways for stake sale. Following the market buzz, the stock opened the day on a bullish note and further jumped 6.13 per cent to Rs 590 on the BSE.
At NSE, the scrip soared 7 per cent to Rs 594 - its 52-week high level. Market experts said the uptick in the counter is largely on the back of stake sale report regarding the airlines. The stock has rallied nearly 51 per cent last month on stake sale speculation.
There had been reports that top Jet officials have recently been in the UAE to hold talks for a possible deal with Etihad, although there have been on official word on the same. Reacting to reports about a possible deal with UAE's Etihad Airways, Jet had last month said, "We are aware that recently there has been much speculation in the press. The company, however, cannot comment on such speculative reports."
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show