DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jet to charge Rs 250 for additional baggage over 15 kg
The move follows the recent move of the government to unbundle on-board and on-ground services like preferred seating and baggage allowances.
Mumbai: Jet Airways group on Thursday said it has revised, with effective from May 15, the free baggage allowance to 15 kg in the economy class on all domestic routes, but has retained the cabin baggage limit at the previous level of 7 kg.
The airline, in a statement, said it will charge a passenger flat Rs 250 for every additional baggage. However, the JetPrivilege members will continue to enjoy the additional free baggage allowance as per their JP membership status, while Premiere guests will continue to avail 30 kg of free baggage allowance on Jet Airways and JetKonnect flights, it said.
The move follows the recent move of the government to unbundle on-board and on-ground services like preferred seating and baggage allowances. Globally airlines have already unbundled their services which helps shore up revenue. Last week, Air India had allowed revised downward its free baggage limit to 15 kg.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan