Jewellery stocks gain up to 7.5 pc on Akshaya Tritiya
Both the leading stock exchanges NSE and BSE have decided to extend the trading session for gold ETFs on Monday.
Mumbai: Shares of jewellery manufacturers on Monday gained up to 7.5 per cent in an otherwise weak stock market amid hopes of pick-up in sales of gold jewellery and coins on Akshaya Tritiya. Thangamayil Jewellers soared by 7.49 per cent, Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (3.19 per cent), Tara Jewels (3 per cent), Titan Industries (1.24 per cent), Rajesh Exports (1.84 per cent), Shree Ganesh Jewellers (1.84 per cent).
Akshaya Tritiya is considered auspicious to buy gold. Both the leading stock exchanges NSE and BSE have decided to extend the trading session for gold ETFs on Monday beyond the normal market hours of 9 am to 3.30 pm. They can be traded till 7 PM today.
In the stock market, the BSE benchmark Sensex was trading at 19,898.44, down 223.88 points in afternoon trade.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be