Kingfisher Airlines Company Secretary quits
The crisis-ridden airline is in a state of lock-out with its flights grounded.
New Delhi: Kingfisher Airlines Company Secretary Bharath Raghavan resigned on Thursday even as the company management met with striking employees on Thursday in Gurgaon but failed to end the empasse. The crisis-ridden airline is in a state of lock-out with its flights grounded and employees not paid their salaries for the past several months.
The Kingfisher Airlines management met with striking employees in Gurgaon but there was more confusion after the meeting as a company official claimed that 100 employees were ready to resume work, but the airlines denied any such development. Kingfisher lenders are holding an emergency meeting on Thursday in Mumbai at the SBI Bhawan.
Kingfisher Airlines spokesperson denied the statement given by VP, Corporate Affairs, Sanjay Bahadur after the meeting. He said that Bahadur is not official spokesperson and that no such assurance has been given as yet. Later, the official also said that Sanjay is not a spokesperson for the company, which clearly indicates the confusion within the ranks of Kingfisher Airlines and its desperate attempts in trying to seek employee confidence.
Taking a firm stand, the government has also said that Kingfisher Airlines must get the permission from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) if it wants to fly.
The DGCA had in its report raised serious concerns over the non-payment of salaries to its employees, asking Kingfisher to submit concrete plan before resuming operations.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Supreme Court Notice to Lalu's Son, Shahabuddin in Journalist Murder Case
- Cricketer Mohammad Kaif Slams Media House For Confusing Him With Sharpshooter
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado