Now, IATA suspends Kingfisher from billing plan
The travel agents affiliated to the IATA will not be able to book or sell tickets for Kingfisher Airlines.
New Delhi: In another blow to Kingfisher Airlines, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) has suspended the carrier from its billing and settlement plan. This means that none of IATA affiliated travel agents across the world will provide services to Kingfisher.
The travel agents will not be able to book or sell tickets for Kingfisher Airlines. They have also been told to stop sale and refund already purchased Kingfisher tickets.
In a bid to counter the move, Kingfisher has issued a statement, saying the travelers can book tickets through its official website or the travel agents affiliated to it.
The IATA had warned Kingfisher earlier over non payment of dues. However, the carrier had maintained that it would pay the dues soon and get reinstated.
This comes just days after the Income-Tax department issued a show-cause notice to the Kingfisher Airlines management over non payment of dues amounting to Rs 350 crore.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?