Warrant against KFA, Vijay Mallya on GMR's complaint
The case pertains to bouncing of cheques worth Rs 10 crore issued by Kingfisher Airlines to GMR as Hyderabad airport charges.
Hyderabad: A court in Hyderabad on Friday issued a non-bailable warrant against Kingfisher Airlines and its Chairman Vijay Mallya in a case of cheques bouncing filed by GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL). The case pertains to bouncing of cheques worth more than Rs 10 crore issued by Kingfisher Airlines to GMR as Hyderabad airport charges.
GMR, which manages the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad, moved the court after the cheques bounced. The case was filed against Vijay Mallya-owned Kingfisher Airlines in Nampally criminal courts in Hyderabad for dishonouring cheques worth Rs 10.5 crore. Kingfisher reportedly issued four cheques for Rs 10.3 crore towards airport charges (parking, landing and navigation). But all the cheques bounced and GMR filed a case against Kingfisher and Mallya.
"GHIAL had filed four cheque bounce cases against Kingfisher Airlines amounting to Rs 10.50 crore. The cases were listed today for the airline to appear in the court. Since they failed to appear before the magistrate, the court has ordered issuance of NBW against KFA, Mr Vijay Mallya and four other KFA officials. At this stage GHIAL would not like to comment more," said a GHIAL spokesperson.
Earlier in June, Mumbai International Airport, run by GVK Group, had filed a cheque bounce case against Kingfisher in a Mumbai criminal court. Kingfisher Airlines, which is in a state of virtual lockout till October 20, is facing massive financial crisis and ahas even failed to pay salary to its employess for the last several months.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video