Kingfisher dragged to court for cheque bounce
The case has been filed against Kingfisher in Nampally criminal courts in Hyderabad for dishonouring cheques worth Rs 10.3 crore.
Hyderabad: GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL), which manages Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad, has filed a petition in a local court against Kingfisher Airlines for dishonouring cheques.
According to sources, a case has been filed against Vijay Mallya-owned Kingfisher Airlines in Nampally criminal courts in Hyderabad for dishonouring cheques worth Rs 10.3 crore.
When contacted a senior official of GHIAL refused to comment saying the matter is "subjudice".
Kingfisher spokesperson also refused to comment on the issue.
"Four cheques for Rs 10.3 crore which were issued towards airport charges (parking, landing and navigation) bounced. As the mandatory time for filing is getting closer, a case has been filed," sources said.
Earlier in June, Mumbai International Airport, run by GVK Group, had filed a cheque bounce case against Kingfisher in a Mumbai criminal court.
Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) run by GMR group had filed a similar case dishonoured cheque of Rs 3 crore.
Kingfisher Airlines' loss widened to Rs 651 crore for the quarter ended June 30 2012 from Rs 264 crore a year ago.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology