Kingfisher to exit low-cost airline operation
Vijay Mallya added that a Rs 2,000 crore rights issue will be pursued to spruce up the financials.
Bangalore: Industrialist Vijay Mallya on Wednesday announced the exit of his spirits-to-aviation group from Kingfisher Red, the low-cost airline operations.
He added that a Rs 2,000 crore rights issue will be pursued to spruce up the financials.
"Yes, we are doing away with Kingfisher Red. We don't intend to compete in the low-cost segment. But all is not gloom and doom," Mallya said at a press conference soon after informing shareholders on the latest cost-cutting and revenue generating measures.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago