Markets close on note of recovery at 16729 pts
The Sensex finally closed at only 875 points down as versus 2250 in the day.
New Delhi: The mayhem at the markets continued for the second day running, with the Sensex registering its biggest ever intra-day fall of 2250 points. However, but there was a remarkable recovery and the Sensex finally closed at 875 points down at 16729.94.
The Nifty ended down 310 points recovered nearly 450 points from the day's low to finish at 4899.30
Midcaps ended the day with 522 points down at 6850.80.
Markets were shut for an hour and ended up getting some buying support towards the end with some positive cues of recovery at the European markets.
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha