Markets end flat; IT, FMCG, pharma stocks disappoint
It was disappointing day for the IT, pharma, FMCG and capital good stocks.
New Delhi: It was a quiet day for the markets wherein it opened with marginal gains and remained rangebound for major part of the day and shut shop on flat note. It was disappointing day for the IT, pharma, FMCG and capital good stocks but realty, banking, consumer durable and metal space managed to attract decent buying interest on Monday.
Market breadth was slightly in favour of advancing stocks. Sensex was up 38.50 points or 0.25 per cent at 15311.22, and the Nifty up 7.60 points or 0.17 per cent at 4512.15.
About 1453 shares have advanced, 1191 shares declined, and 57 shares are unchanged. The BSE Midcap Index ended at 6,834.55 up 39 points or 0.6 per cent. The BSE Smallcap Index ended at 8,280.58 up 64 points or 0.80 per cent.
The BSE Bankex was up 1.3 per cent at 8,386.65. Allahabad Bank, Union Bank, Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, IOB, Kotak Mahindra moved upwards. The BSE Capital Goods Index was down 0.40 per cent at 13,007.01. BEML, Kalpataru Power, Thermax, Carborundum, BHEL, Praj Industries closed lower.
The BSE Health Care Index was down 0.9 per cent at 3,814.80. Glenmark, Ranbaxy Labs, Novartis India, Sun Pharma , Sterling Bio closed lower. The BSE Auto Index closed at 5,080.79 up 0.4 per cent. Bajaj Auto, Hind Motors, MRF, Apollo Tyres, Hero Honda, Ashok Leyland closed higher.
The BSE Metal Index closed at 12,090.98 up 0.8 per cent. Shree Precoated, NALCO, Hindalco, Mah Seamless, Jindal Saw higher. The BSE FMCG Index closed at 1,846.03 down 1 per cent. United Brewerie, ,HUL, GlaxoSmith Con, P and G, Colgate closed higher.
BSE Oil and Gas Index closed at 7,869.77 up 0.6 per cent. Reliance Natura, GAIL, ONGC, Petronet LNG ended in green. The BSE IT Index lost 1% at 4,848.27. Mphasis, Wipro, Satyam, HCL Tech, Financial Tech closed lower. The NSE cash turnover was at Rs 11499.51 crore and the NSE F&O turnover was at Rs 38884.18 crore.
- Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio to Discuss Climate Change at White House Event
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Obama Vetoes Bill Allowing 9/11 Victims to Sue Saudi Arabia
- Barack Obama Shares Video of Child Offering Home To Boy In The Ambulance
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking