Markets Open Higher; Sensex at 28415, Nifty at 8737
The Nifty is inching towards 8750, up 11.30 points at 8737.90.
File photo of Bombay Stock Exchange building.
Mumbai: Equity benchmarks started off trade marginally higher on Thursday with the Sensex rising 42.89 points to 28415.12 despite mixed Asian cues. The Nifty is inching towards 8750, up 11.30 points at 8737.90.
Tata Power gained more than a percent after its unit acquired Welspun Renewables Energy Private Ltd while Reliance Communications rose nearly 2 percent on merger with Aircel.
Yes Bank fell nearly 4% on a media report the Securities & Exchange Board of India is looking into the lender's notices to stock exchanges about the planned equity placement (QIP), the surge in the Yes Bank scrip in the run-up to the issue date and its intra-day fall before the announcement to call off the issue.
Recommended For You
- Sonam's Instagram Post For Newlywed Cousin Mohit Will Give You Major Sibling Goals
- India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I in Centurion: Team India Report Card
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Tips n Tricks: How to Get The Best Out of Your New Android Smartphones
- Watch Video : Baaghi 2 Trailer's Honest Reaction
- Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber Splash Romance All Over the Streets of Jamaica, See Pics