Markets Open Higher; Sensex at 28415, Nifty at 8737
The Nifty is inching towards 8750, up 11.30 points at 8737.90.
File photo of Bombay Stock Exchange building.
Mumbai: Equity benchmarks started off trade marginally higher on Thursday with the Sensex rising 42.89 points to 28415.12 despite mixed Asian cues. The Nifty is inching towards 8750, up 11.30 points at 8737.90.
Tata Power gained more than a percent after its unit acquired Welspun Renewables Energy Private Ltd while Reliance Communications rose nearly 2 percent on merger with Aircel.
Yes Bank fell nearly 4% on a media report the Securities & Exchange Board of India is looking into the lender's notices to stock exchanges about the planned equity placement (QIP), the surge in the Yes Bank scrip in the run-up to the issue date and its intra-day fall before the announcement to call off the issue.
|Power Grid Corp||198.85||-1.25||-0.62|
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri Exclusive: "Both Me and Virat Play to Win"
- Karan Johar's Blast From The Past Will Give You a Mystery to Solve This Weekend
- Honor 7X vs Xiaomi Mi A1: The Visual Appeal Wins This Budget Battle For Honor
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?