Maruti Q4 net profit rises 79 pc to Rs 1,148 crore
The company's standalone net sales went up by 21.4 per cent to Rs 42,122.9 crore in FY'13 from Rs 34,705.9 crore in FY'12.
New Delhi: Country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India on Thursday reported 79.4 per cent jump in its standalone net profit for the quarter ended March 31 at Rs 1,147.5 crore, mainly on the account of good sales of models like Ertiga, DZire and Swift. The company had registered a net profit of Rs 639.8 crore during the corresponding period in 2012, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement.
The company's standalone net sales during the fourth quarter of the last fiscal went up by 9.4 per cent to Rs 12,566.6 crore from Rs 11,486.4 crore in the year-ago period, it added. During January-March period, MSI sold a total of 3,43,709 vehicles, down 4.6 per cent from 3,60,334 units in the same period in 2012. Commenting on the numbers, MSI said: "The increase in net profit during the quarter was on account of higher sales of new models such as Ertiga, DZire and Swift; cost reduction and localisation efforts, and the benefit of a favourable exchange rate."
For the entire 2012-13 financial year, MSI posted a rise of 40.7 per cent in its standalone net profit at Rs 2,300 crore as against Rs 1,635.1 crore in the previous fiscal, the statement said. The company's standalone net sales went up by 21.4 per cent to Rs 42,122.9 crore in FY'13 from Rs 34,705.9 crore in FY'12, it added.
Total vehicle sales of the company during last fiscal fell by 3.3 per cent to 11,71,434 units from 11,33,695 units in 2011-12. During its meeting on Friday, the Board of Directors recommended a dividend of 160 per cent, which is Rs 8 per share of face value Rs 5 for 2012-13. The dividend in 2011-12 was at 150 per cent, the statement said.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic