Medical colleges in six AIIMS-like institutions to start functioning
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges.
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday announced, as part of the Union Budget 2013-14, that medical colleges under six All India Institute of Medical Sciences-like institutions will start functioning in 2013.
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges. The colleges have been set up in Jodhpur, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Raipur and Patna.
In September 2012, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, had replaced an ordinance, which allowed the six AIIMS-like institutes to become operational from September 15, 2012.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines