Medical colleges in six AIIMS-like institutions to start functioning
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges.
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday announced, as part of the Union Budget 2013-14, that medical colleges under six All India Institute of Medical Sciences-like institutions will start functioning in 2013.
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges. The colleges have been set up in Jodhpur, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Raipur and Patna.
In September 2012, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, had replaced an ordinance, which allowed the six AIIMS-like institutes to become operational from September 15, 2012.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Amitabh Bachchan Feels It's Pitiable For a Woman To Catch Culprit But Not Take Action
- Pink Has Become a Movement, Says Amitabh Bachchan
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims