Medical colleges in six AIIMS-like institutions to start functioning
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges.
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday announced, as part of the Union Budget 2013-14, that medical colleges under six All India Institute of Medical Sciences-like institutions will start functioning in 2013.
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges. The colleges have been set up in Jodhpur, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Raipur and Patna.
In September 2012, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, had replaced an ordinance, which allowed the six AIIMS-like institutes to become operational from September 15, 2012.
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Lendl Simmons Sacking Led to Windies Meltdown, Claims Kieron Pollard
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore
- Phil Simmons Sacking Has Left West Indies Demoralised: 'Hurting' Dwayne Bravo
- Local Muslims Wary of Hungary's Anti-Migrant Referendum