DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Medical colleges in six AIIMS-like institutions to start functioning
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges.
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday announced, as part of the Union Budget 2013-14, that medical colleges under six All India Institute of Medical Sciences-like institutions will start functioning in 2013.
Chidambaram added that Rs 1650 crore have been allotted to start the functioning of these medical colleges. The colleges have been set up in Jodhpur, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Raipur and Patna.
In September 2012, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, had replaced an ordinance, which allowed the six AIIMS-like institutes to become operational from September 15, 2012.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO