Mkts open positive, Sensex up by 92 pts
The markets started on upbeat note with its Asian peers on the back of buying interest seen in the banking and FMCG.
New Delhi:The markets started the week on upbeat note in line with its Asian peers on the back of buying interest seen in the banking, FMCG and cement stocks.
At 9:56 am (IST), Sensex was up 92 points at 12522 and Nifty was up 16 points at 3624. Major gainers in the opening trade were SBI, Rel Comm, ACC, ITC, HLL, Reliance and Infosys.
Asian stocks started the week on upbeat note, with Japan's Nikkei 225 average rising. Japan's Nikkei surged 217.85 points or 1.30 per cent at 16,962, Hang Seng rose 88.19 points or 0.47 per cent at 19,041.69, Jakarta's Composite was up by 1.529 points or 0.09 per cent at 1,777.89, Straits Times gained 34.84 points or 1.14 per cent at 3,103.59, Seoul Composite rose 11.25 points or 0.79 per cent at 1,439.13 and Taiwan Weighted was up 39.86 points or 0.52 per cent at 7,759.66.
- FIIs net sell USD 4.2 million in equity on March 15.
- MFs net sell Rs 206 crore in equity on March 15.
- NSE F&O Open Interest up by Rs 361 crore to Rs 56,531 crore.
- Nifty Futures Open Interest up Rs 58 crore; Options Open Interest up Rs 303 crore.
- Nifty March Future add 4.8 lakh shares in Open Interest; April Future add 3.1 lakh shares.
- Nifty Open Interest Put-Call ratio down to 0.89 from 0.92.
- Nifty March at 26-point, April at 28-point discount.
- Nifty Calls add 6.2 lakh shares in Open Interest; Puts add marginal Open Interest.
- Nifty 3500 Put adds 2.4 lakh shares in Open Interest.
- Nifty 3600 Call adds 2.2 lakh shares in Open Interest.
- Nifty 3500 Call adds 2.2 lakh shares in Open Interest.
- Nifty 3700 Put sheds 2.8 lakh shares in Open Interest.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead