More interest rate cuts possible, says C Rangarajan
Rangarajan said if inflation remains on projected lines, the RBI can make more cuts to the repo rate.
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India could make more cuts to the repo rate if inflation remains on projected lines, the Prime Minister's economic adviser C Rangarajan said on Tuesday.
The central bank reduced its policy interest rate by a widely expected 25 basis points on Tuesday. The bank took comfort from cooling inflation to make the first cut in nine months, in support of an economy headed for its slowest growth in a decade.
The RBI said there was increasing likelihood of inflation remaining range bound around current levels heading into the 2013/14 fiscal year, starting April.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It