New bank licences likely by March 31: Govt official
The RBI said it had extended the validity of in-principle approval for new banks to 18 months from one year.
Mumbai: India is likely to give new bank licences by March 31, 2014, Rajiv Takru, secretary of financial services, told a local news channel on Tuesday.
On Monday, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it had extended the validity of in-principle approval for new banks to 18 months from one year.
More details are awaited.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be