Nifty Crosses 9,200-mark for First Time, Sensex Climbs 239 Points
(Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Continuing its record-setting spree, the Nifty climbed over the 9,200-mark for the first time and the benchmark Sensex surged 239 points in early hours on Friday, with foreign investors continuing to pump up money.
The broader NSE Nifty crossed the key 9,200-mark by surging 64.70 points, or 0.70 percent, to trade at an all-time high of 9,218.40.
The gauge had added 187.74 points in the previous session, tracking firm global markets after the prospects of a gradual approach to US rate hike removed a big uncertainty.
The sentiment was up on strong inflow of foreign capital in the Indian bourses and hopes that the government will accelerate its reform agenda following the BJP's huge win in UP and Uttarakhand assembly elections last week.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up by 0.32 percent while Japan's Nikkei shed 0.34 percent in early trade on Friday. Shanghai Composite fell 0.17 percent.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended marginally lower by 0.07 percent on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Moment of Reckoning For Kohli, Smith and Dharamsala
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review: An Affordable Redmi 3S Facelift
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Steven Smith Smitten by Picturesque Dharamsala Stadium