Nifty Crosses 9,200-mark for First Time, Sensex Climbs 239 Points
Continuing its record-setting spree, the Nifty climbed over the 9,200-mark for the first time and the benchmark Sensex surged 239 points in early hours on Friday, with foreign investors continuing to pump up money.
(Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Continuing its record-setting spree, the Nifty climbed over the 9,200-mark for the first time and the benchmark Sensex surged 239 points in early hours on Friday, with foreign investors continuing to pump up money.
The broader NSE Nifty crossed the key 9,200-mark by surging 64.70 points, or 0.70 percent, to trade at an all-time high of 9,218.40.
The gauge had added 187.74 points in the previous session, tracking firm global markets after the prospects of a gradual approach to US rate hike removed a big uncertainty.
The sentiment was up on strong inflow of foreign capital in the Indian bourses and hopes that the government will accelerate its reform agenda following the BJP's huge win in UP and Uttarakhand assembly elections last week.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up by 0.32 percent while Japan's Nikkei shed 0.34 percent in early trade on Friday. Shanghai Composite fell 0.17 percent.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended marginally lower by 0.07 percent on Friday.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Now Showing: Masand's Verdict On Welcome To New York, Sonu Ke Tittu Ki Sweety & Three Billboards
- Udaipur Music Festival: Music, As Explained By The Artistes From Across The Globe
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
Recommended For You
- Rohit to Lead India in Tri-series; Kohli & Dhoni Likely to be Rested
- 24th February 2010: Sachin Tendulkar Scores First-ever ODI Double Ton
- Just Relief and Joy, Says Eugenie Bouchard After Locker Room Case is Settled
- Welcome to New York Review: Diljit Dosanjh-Starrer Isn't Just A Terrible Film But A Depressing One
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Ups the Glamour Quotient with an Interesting Take on Fashion; See Pics