Nifty Crosses 9,200-mark for First Time, Sensex Climbs 239 Points
Continuing its record-setting spree, the Nifty climbed over the 9,200-mark for the first time and the benchmark Sensex surged 239 points in early hours on Friday, with foreign investors continuing to pump up money.
(Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Continuing its record-setting spree, the Nifty climbed over the 9,200-mark for the first time and the benchmark Sensex surged 239 points in early hours on Friday, with foreign investors continuing to pump up money.
The broader NSE Nifty crossed the key 9,200-mark by surging 64.70 points, or 0.70 percent, to trade at an all-time high of 9,218.40.
The gauge had added 187.74 points in the previous session, tracking firm global markets after the prospects of a gradual approach to US rate hike removed a big uncertainty.
The sentiment was up on strong inflow of foreign capital in the Indian bourses and hopes that the government will accelerate its reform agenda following the BJP's huge win in UP and Uttarakhand assembly elections last week.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up by 0.32 percent while Japan's Nikkei shed 0.34 percent in early trade on Friday. Shanghai Composite fell 0.17 percent.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended marginally lower by 0.07 percent on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Tendulkar Writes to Modi, Asks For Inclusion of International Medalists in CGHS
- Sooraj Pancholi Rubbishes Reports of Salman Khan Bashing Sushant Singh Rajput
- 5 Times Virat Kohli's PDA For Anushka Sharma Hit a Boundary
- In Between Ashes Action, Australian Stars Try Out 'Bucket Crowns'
- India's First Tech And Auto Awards 2017: Watch Now