DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi HC lifts stay on govt order against Airtel 3G pact
The move will affect the company as it will have to shut down its 3G mobile services in seven circles across the country, primarily in Haryana, Maharashtra and UP East.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday lifted a stay order that had allowed telecom giant Bharti Airtel to continue 3G services across circles where it did not hold spectrum.
The move will affect the company as it will have to shut down its 3G mobile services in seven circles across the country, primarily in Haryana, Maharashtra, UP East, Kolkata, Gujarat, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh.
In a long-running dispute, the government had last month asked Bharti to immediately stop 3G services in zones where it does not have its own airwaves and is providing the premium services through pacts with other carriers.
The Delhi High Court had temporarily halted the execution of the government order after Bharti appealed against it. The court had also said Bharti would not immediately need to pay a $65 million penalty imposed by the government.
Vodafone Group Plc's Indian unit and Idea Cellular are also involved in similar disputes with the government.
With inputs from Reuters
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish