No Need to be Anxious, Enough Cash Available, Assures RBI
File photo of Reserve Bank of India building.
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Sunday said enough cash is available at banks and people need not be anxious and make repeated trips to branches and ATMs to hoard money.
"The Reserve Bank assures members of the public that enough cash in small denominations is also available at the Reserve Bank and banks.
"The Reserve Bank urges that public need not be anxious; need not come over to banks repeatedly to draw and hoard; Cash is available when they need it," the central bank said in a statement.
There was little respite for cash-starved people queuing up outside banks and ATMs on Sunday, with branches witnessing unprecedented rush since early morning.
Due to bank closure on Monday in some parts of the country, distressed people are thronging branches since most of the ATMs are out of cash.
Much to people's dismay, only 60 per cent of ATMs got valid currency feed five days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced surprise demonetisation of two higher value currency notes.
Even these 1.2 lakh ATMs (out of total 2 lakh) are running out of cash in few hours, leaving people frustrated.
Recommended For You
- Steven Smith Has a Peace Session With The Dalai Lama
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart
- Fit-Again Shami & Shreyas Iyer Officially Added to Squad