No Need to be Anxious, Enough Cash Available, Assures RBI
File photo of Reserve Bank of India building.
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Sunday said enough cash is available at banks and people need not be anxious and make repeated trips to branches and ATMs to hoard money.
"The Reserve Bank assures members of the public that enough cash in small denominations is also available at the Reserve Bank and banks.
"The Reserve Bank urges that public need not be anxious; need not come over to banks repeatedly to draw and hoard; Cash is available when they need it," the central bank said in a statement.
There was little respite for cash-starved people queuing up outside banks and ATMs on Sunday, with branches witnessing unprecedented rush since early morning.
Due to bank closure on Monday in some parts of the country, distressed people are thronging branches since most of the ATMs are out of cash.
Much to people's dismay, only 60 per cent of ATMs got valid currency feed five days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced surprise demonetisation of two higher value currency notes.
Even these 1.2 lakh ATMs (out of total 2 lakh) are running out of cash in few hours, leaving people frustrated.
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri To Apply For India Coach Job, Has BCCI Assured Him Post?
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Sridevi Opens Up About Rejecting Baahubali, Rajamouli's Comments
- VIVO Retains IPL Title Sponsorship With Rs 2199 Crore Bid
- Watch The 'Tech And Auto Show': Jeep Compass, Yamaha FZ25, One Plus 5 & More