Overseas Ministry gets Rs 114 cr in Budget
Out of the total allocation, Rs 55.37 crore has been given to the Ministry for general expenditure.
New Delhi: The allocation for Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs for 2012-13 was on Friday increased by nearly 40 per cent to Rs 114 crore in the Union Budget as against the last year's Rs 81 crore.
Out of the total allocation, Rs 55.37 crore has been given to the Ministry for general expenditure while Rs 20 crore has been allocated under the head 'public works'.
Rs 6 crore has been earmarked for celebration of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas, the annual event organised by the Ministry to connect with the Indian diaspora.
Out of the allocation for general expenditure, Rs 49.37 crore has been earmarked for implementation of various schemes for overseas Indians.
An amount of Rs 38 crore has been set aside for various expenses like holding of seminars, workshops and for advertising and publicity.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction