DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Overseas Ministry gets Rs 114 cr in Budget
Out of the total allocation, Rs 55.37 crore has been given to the Ministry for general expenditure.
New Delhi: The allocation for Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs for 2012-13 was on Friday increased by nearly 40 per cent to Rs 114 crore in the Union Budget as against the last year's Rs 81 crore.
Out of the total allocation, Rs 55.37 crore has been given to the Ministry for general expenditure while Rs 20 crore has been allocated under the head 'public works'.
Rs 6 crore has been earmarked for celebration of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas, the annual event organised by the Ministry to connect with the Indian diaspora.
Out of the allocation for general expenditure, Rs 49.37 crore has been earmarked for implementation of various schemes for overseas Indians.
An amount of Rs 38 crore has been set aside for various expenses like holding of seminars, workshops and for advertising and publicity.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong