Petrol Price Cut by Rs 2.16 a Litre, Diesel by Rs 2.10
Petrol price was on Monday cut by Rs 2.16 per litre and diesel by Rs 2.10 a litre, reversing the four week trend of rising rates.
Image for representation purpose only. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: The price of petrol was cut by Rs 2.16 per litre and diesel by Rs 2.10 a litre on Monday.
The reduction comes on back of a marginal 2 paise a litre increase in petrol and 52 paise per litre hike in diesel rates effected from May 1, PTI reported.
Actual reduction in price will be more after taking into account local VAT.
"The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in selling price of petrol and diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision," IOC said in a statement.
The movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate will continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes, it said.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- ICW 2017: Anamika Khanna Talks About Her Collection Luxury 2017
- ICW 2017: Arjun Rampal Turns Heads In A Rohit Bal Creation
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5-Inch Review: The Ecosystem That you Always Needed
- Mithali, Harmanpreet, Deepti Selected in ICC's Team of the World Cup
- Sachin, Sehwag, Big B & SRK Join Hands to Applaud Mithali Raj & Co