Petrol Price Hiked by Rs 1.23 per Litre, Diesel by 89 Paise
Petrol price was on Wednesday hiked by Rs 1.23 per litre and diesel by 89 paise a litre in sync with rising international fuel rates.
Petrol in Delhi will cost Rs 66.91 per litre from Thursday.
New Delhi: Petrol price was on Wednesday hiked by Rs 1.23 per litre and diesel by 89 paise a litre in sync with rising international fuel rates.
The increase in price, effective midnight, comes on the back of a Rs 2.16 per litre cut in petrol and Rs 2.10 a litre reduction in diesel prices effected from May 16.
Petrol in Delhi will cost Rs 66.91 per litre from Thursday as against Rs 65.32 a litre currently. Similarly, a litre of diesel will be priced at Rs 5.94, as compared to Rs 54.90 at present.
Announcing the price hike, Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the nation’s largest fuel retailer, said the rates have been hiked excluding local state levies or VAT and actual increase will be higher depending on tax rate.
“The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in selling price of petrol and diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision,” IOC said in a statement.
Recommended For You
- Manish Pandey, Shardul Thakur Look to Make Most of Big Opportunity
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- 29 Years On, Gulzar's Libaas To Finally Hit Theatres This Year
- Soha's Baby Shower: Kareena, Karisma, Konkona Join In Celebrations
- Dale Steyn All Set to Return to Competitive Cricket