Pound Slumps to 31-Year Low Versus Dollar
The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday.
An English five Pound note and coins are seen at a restaurant in the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, July 21, 2016/REUTERS
London: The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday on concerns over the timing of Britain's planned exit from the European Union, according to traders.
British pound slumps to 31-year low versus US dollar: AFP
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 4, 2016
Britain's currency also struck a fresh three-year low point against the euro, while the drops helped pushed London's benchmark FTSE 100 stocks index up to a 16-month high beyond 7,000 points at the open.
|Dr Reddys Labs||1,984.15||+53.05||+2.75|
|Bank of Baroda||139.35||-2.75||-1.94|
Recommended For You
- Secret Behind Virat Kohli's Well Sculpt Body Revealed
- Android 8.0 Oreo is Here While Only 1.2 Percent Users Are on Latest Android 7.1 OS
- Taimur Steals the Thunder From Kareena, Karisma in a Recent Photo
- Pregnant Esha Deol to Wed Husband Bharat Takhtani at Her Baby Shower
- I Don't Wish to Die and Abandon my Mother