Pound Slumps to 31-Year Low Versus Dollar
An English five Pound note and coins are seen at a restaurant in the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, July 21, 2016/REUTERS
London: The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday on concerns over the timing of Britain's planned exit from the European Union, according to traders.
British pound slumps to 31-year low versus US dollar: AFP
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 4, 2016
Britain's currency also struck a fresh three-year low point against the euro, while the drops helped pushed London's benchmark FTSE 100 stocks index up to a 16-month high beyond 7,000 points at the open.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"