Pound Slumps to 31-Year Low Versus Dollar
An English five Pound note and coins are seen at a restaurant in the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, July 21, 2016/REUTERS
London: The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday on concerns over the timing of Britain's planned exit from the European Union, according to traders.
British pound slumps to 31-year low versus US dollar: AFP
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 4, 2016
Britain's currency also struck a fresh three-year low point against the euro, while the drops helped pushed London's benchmark FTSE 100 stocks index up to a 16-month high beyond 7,000 points at the open.
Recommended For You
- Eoin Morgan Defends Dropping Himself for South Africa Finale
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- 3rd T20I: England Beat South Africa by 19 Runs, Take Series 2-1
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party
- Srikanth Beats Olympic Champion Chen Long to Win Fourth Superseries