Pound Slumps to 31-Year Low Versus Dollar
The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday.
An English five Pound note and coins are seen at a restaurant in the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, July 21, 2016/REUTERS
London: The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday on concerns over the timing of Britain's planned exit from the European Union, according to traders.
British pound slumps to 31-year low versus US dollar: AFP
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 4, 2016
Britain's currency also struck a fresh three-year low point against the euro, while the drops helped pushed London's benchmark FTSE 100 stocks index up to a 16-month high beyond 7,000 points at the open.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- 10 Reasons to Watch 'Secret Superstar' This Diwali
- Prannoy Downs Lee Chong Wei Again to Reach Denmark Open Quarters
- These Adorable Pictures of Karan Johar's Kids Yash And Roohi Will Make Your Day
- Secret Superstar Is More Than Just a Story of Dreams and Passion, Here's Why