Pound Slumps to 31-Year Low Versus Dollar
An English five Pound note and coins are seen at a restaurant in the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, July 21, 2016/REUTERS
London: The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday on concerns over the timing of Britain's planned exit from the European Union, according to traders.
British pound slumps to 31-year low versus US dollar: AFP
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 4, 2016
Britain's currency also struck a fresh three-year low point against the euro, while the drops helped pushed London's benchmark FTSE 100 stocks index up to a 16-month high beyond 7,000 points at the open.
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet