President condoles demise of Rama Prasad Goenka
Known as the country's 'takeover specialist', the 83-year-old industrialist passed away at his residence on Sunday morning.
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday condoled the death of Rama Prasad Goenka, and said the nation has lost a leading industrialist and distinguished personality. In his condolence message to Goenka's wife Sushila, the President said, "Goenka was an industrialist whose contribution to the establishment of various industrial and business enterprises helped in national development as well as created employment opportunities for thousands of our people."
Known as the country's 'takeover specialist', the 83-year-old industrialist passed away at his residence on Sunday morning. Mukherjee said he knew 'Rama Babu', as he was fondly called by his friends, for many years. "As a Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha), he made valuable contributions in the deliberations of the House. In his death, the nation has lost a leading industrialist and a distinguished personality and I have lost a personal friend," he said.
The President also spoke to his son Sanjiv Goenka and conveyed his condolences. Goenka, an architect of the RPG Enterprises conglomerate spanning varied interests from power to music, was suffering from age-related illnesses and breathed his last at 6:00 AM. Eldest son of Keshav Prasad Goenka, he belonged to one of the oldest business families of the city. RP Goenka is survived by his wife Sushila and sons Harsh Vardhan and Sanjiv.
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District