Railways to introduce of 26 new trains
However, two AC double decker trains and 18 other trains, announced in the 2011-12 budget, are also yet to be launched.
New Delhi: The Railways on Friday announced introduction of 26 new trains including Kathgodam Shatabdi Express, Mumbai-New Delhi AC Duronto and Mumbai-Chandigarh Express as part of the promises made in Rail Budget 2011-12.
However, the much sought after AC double decker trains between Delhi-Jaipur and Mumbai-Ahmedabad, announced in the last Rail Budget, are yet to be launched.
Besides the AC double decker trains, 18 other trains announced in the 2011-12 budget are also yet to be launched.
According to a senior Railway Ministry official, the new trains will be flagged of within seven to 10 days by the local public representatives as per laid down protocol.
The Railways also introduced five new suburban trains, extended services of five existing trains and increased frequency of two trains as announced in the Railway Budget last year.
With the announcement of 26 trains, the Railways launched 115 out of 132 new trains proposed for introduction in the Railway Budget.
The trains announced in the 2011-12 budget are to be implemented by March 31, the end of the current financial year.
The other trains, which were being launched on Friday, include Pune-Ahmedabad AC Duronto, Mumbai-Allahabad AC Duronto, Ahemedabad-Yesvantpur AC Express and Bandra-Jammu Tawi Vivek Express.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic Stunned by Denis Istomin
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Officially Launched in India At a Starting Price of Rs 9,999
- Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Gulzar Make Inaugural Session Memorable
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment