Railways to introduce of 26 new trains
However, two AC double decker trains and 18 other trains, announced in the 2011-12 budget, are also yet to be launched.
New Delhi: The Railways on Friday announced introduction of 26 new trains including Kathgodam Shatabdi Express, Mumbai-New Delhi AC Duronto and Mumbai-Chandigarh Express as part of the promises made in Rail Budget 2011-12.
However, the much sought after AC double decker trains between Delhi-Jaipur and Mumbai-Ahmedabad, announced in the last Rail Budget, are yet to be launched.
Besides the AC double decker trains, 18 other trains announced in the 2011-12 budget are also yet to be launched.
According to a senior Railway Ministry official, the new trains will be flagged of within seven to 10 days by the local public representatives as per laid down protocol.
The Railways also introduced five new suburban trains, extended services of five existing trains and increased frequency of two trains as announced in the Railway Budget last year.
With the announcement of 26 trains, the Railways launched 115 out of 132 new trains proposed for introduction in the Railway Budget.
The trains announced in the 2011-12 budget are to be implemented by March 31, the end of the current financial year.
The other trains, which were being launched on Friday, include Pune-Ahmedabad AC Duronto, Mumbai-Allahabad AC Duronto, Ahemedabad-Yesvantpur AC Express and Bandra-Jammu Tawi Vivek Express.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Fashion Awards 2016International Model Of The Year: Gigi Hadid's Best Fashion Moments Of 2016
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size